THIS PRIVACY NOTICE SETS OUT HOW WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN YOU:
- Download and use the Quanta wallet
- Register your public key with us via our website www.kyc.quantaplc.im (“website”) to access QNT and QNTR Tokens
Please read this notice carefully before you register and access our services, and check back regularly to review updated versions on this page to ensure that you stay aware of what information we collect, how we use it and how we might share it.
Notice for qnt and qntr: all transactions involving qnt and qntr tokens are recorded on a publicly accessible ledger by reference to the public keys of registered token holders
If at any point your public key is unveiled (I.E. Your public key is revealed to third parties) then it will be possible to identify you as a registered token holder and identify related transactions..
Do not register your public key with us if you do not want to accept the possibility that you/your transactions might become identifiable to third parties.
WHO ARE WE?
“We are Quanta PLC (“we”, “us”, “our”), an Isle of Man Private Limited Company. Our registered office is 2nd Floor, Wellington House, Market Street, Douglas, IM1 2PQ, Isle of Man. Our general email address is: [email protected] We are registered as an Isle of Man Cryptocurrency Protocol Administrator and Exchange under the Designated Business (Registration & Oversight) Act 2015.”
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU, AND WHY?
When you register your public key with us, we collect:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your contact details such as your home address, email address and telephone number
- Your public key
- Your government issued identity documents such as a passport or driving licence an audio/visual recording of an interview with you
- Your password
- We may also ask you for other information or documents such as biometric information, proof of address and/or information about your finances/financial arrangements, either to verify your identify or to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations.
We use this information to:
- Register your public key, and maintain that registration. If you do not register your public key with us or maintain that registration, you will not be able to receive QNT or QNTR tokens, or convert QNTR to QNT (or vice versa)
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including the allocation of QNTR and/or conversion of those tokens into QNT (or vice versa)
- Make sure that you are a real person and that you are who you say you are, including by verifying it with data verification/credit reference agencies. This check leaves a footprint on your credit file which will reference an identity check by us, but will not affect your credit score. If we are not able to verify your identity, then we will not be able to register your public key, or maintain that registration
- Your public key
- Comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, including to (1) make sure that you are not exchanging money or assets that were obtained unlawfully for money or other assets that are ‘clean’ (i.e. money laundering), or (2) funding terrorism or other criminal activity. If we have suspicions about your source of funds, then we will not be able to register your public key, or maintain that registration
- Communicate with you about our goods and services
- Provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- Provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
When you use our website and/or download and/or operate the Quanta wallet, we automatically collect:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number
We use this information to:
- Administer our website and Wallet and for internal operations, including
- Troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes improve our website and Wallet to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Try to keep our website and Wallet safe and secure
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- Make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
We may receive information about you from other sources:
- If you use any other websites operated, or services provided, by us or our group companies such as Quanta Technology Limited
- Third parties we work closely with including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, data verification/credit reference agencies
We use this information by:
Combining it with information you give to us and information we collect about you for the purposes set out above.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information “We are Quanta PLC (“we”, “us”, “our”), an Isle of Man Private Limited Company. Our registered office is 2nd Floor, Wellington House, Market Street, Douglas IM1 2PQ, Isle of Man. Our general email address is: [email protected] We are registered as an Isle of Man Cryptocurrency Protocol Administrator and Exchange under the Designated Business (Registration & Oversight) Act 2015.”:
- Companies within our group, including subsidiaries such as Quanta Technology Limited
- Other businesses, suppliers and sub-contractors who have a contract with us to provide us with services. Those suppliers include credit reference/data verification agencies
- Appropriate authorities if we suspect that a registration involves any form of criminality, including identity theft or money laundering
- Fraud prevention agencies if we determine that there has been fraud which meets the reporting criteria
- Law enforcement or other official authority if we think it is the right thing to do, or we receive a court order requiring us to disclose it
- Another business if we buy/sell any business or assets from/to them, or are otherwise combined with that business (including during any negotiations with them)
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular geographic area). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
Where do we keep your personal information?
We will send your personal information to, and store it in, countries outside the Isle of Man. If those countries are in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (i.e. the EEA) then your information will be protected in the same way as it is in the Isle of Man because those countries have equivalent laws on handling personal information. If we send your personal information to other countries which are outside of the EEA, then some of those countries may not have the same protections in place as the Isle of Man. By seeking to register your public key with us, you agree to us sending your personal information to, and storing it in, countries outside the EEA.
What are your rights?
You have the right to:
- Ask us to stop using your personal data, including for marketing purposes
- Access information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct information we hold about you that is inaccurate
- Ask us to delete information we hold about you
If you want to exercise these rights, or have any questions, comments or other requests regarding this privacy notice, please write to us at: [email protected]